Fleet Week 2023: Oct. 1-9
OAK will serve as the temporary home to most of the Air Show performers:
- Blue Angels
- other military aircraft
- aerobatic aircraft
Description of General Activity
During Fleet Week, Blue Angel operations are anticipated off the North Field during many of the times listed below, and residents off the departure end of Runways 28L/28R will experience an increased level of noise. On arrival, Blue Angel aircraft typically perform a “carrier break,” which generally brings the aircraft overhead of the airfield, after which time they will initiate a descending 270 degree right turn towards the runway. Residents immediately north and east of the airport will experience an increased level of noise from these arrivals.
Key Flight Activity Times
The planned schedule for flights is as follows (subject to change):
- Sunday, 10/1: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Blue Angel #7 and Crew Chief arrival (North Field)
- Monday, 10/2: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The rest of the Blue Angels team arrival (North Field)
- Wednesday, 10/4: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Media flights (South Field, Main Runway)
- Thursday, 10/5: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Airshow practice (North Field)
- Friday, 10/6: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Saturday, 10/7: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Sunday, 10/8: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Monday, 10/9: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Blue Angels departure (North Field)
Our greatest priority is to respond to phone calls and website-submitted complaints.
We encourage residents to submit an aircraft noise complaint or perform their own aircraft noise investigation at the complaint website, WebTrak.
Aircraft noise concerns can be directed to our noise complaint hotline 24 hours a day at (510) 563-6463.
The Noise Management Office reviews all comments and complaints and responds as soon as possible with appropriate and pertinent information.
How to Contact Us:
The Noise Management Office
Direct: (510) 563-3349
Noise Hotline: (510) 563-6463